Ladd Community Consolidated School District 94 will conduct Pre-K screenings on Thursday, March 11, 2021. Children must be Ladd district residents and at least 3 years old by the screening date. Screenings are by appointment only. The screening determines eligibility for the Ladd preschool program. Screening is required for placement in the program and consists of a series of tests including cognitive, speech, vision, and hearing. If the district receives a grant award by the State of Illinois, priority placement will be based on a student’s school readiness after the children have completed the screening process. To register a child for the screening or if you have questions, call the school at (815) 894-2363.
HABITAT FOR HUMANITY
Here are some ways that you can support the Habitat for Humanity build in Ladd:
- Become an 89er by completing the form and submitting your donation. Every $89 raised will build 1 square foot of the Ladd home.
- Make a donation in memory of a loved one.
- Follow Club LADD 89 on Facebook and share posts to help spread the word.
- Offer to help with a donation of labor or materials for the build.
- Suggest fundraising ideas.
- Attend a Habitat for Humanity meeting at Ladd’s Community Center on the third Tuesday of each month @ 6:00 pm.
IMUA SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
The Village of Ladd, in partnership with the Illinois Municipal Utilities Association (IMUA), is again offering a scholarship competition for eligible high school seniors. Each eligible applicant is asked to submit an application and an essay of 500 words or less addressing their choice of one of four utility-related questions. The top four (4) vote-getters in this year’s essay competition will receive a finalist certificate and a $1,000 scholarship award check from IMUA. Applicants must be high school seniors whose parents or guardians are residential customers of the Village of Ladd Municipal Utility. Applications are available in the Village Clerk’s Office or at the links posted below. The deadline for submitting applications and essays is Friday, March 12, 2021. Applicants may contact IMUA’s DeeDee Bunch at (217) 789-4632 or email@example.com for more information.
2021 GOLF CART STICKERS
2021 golf cart stickers are now available for purchase ($25) in the Village Clerk’s office. Current stickers will expire on March 31st. Since the office is currently closed to the public, knock on the door, and wear a mask to enter to purchase your tag. For more information, call the office @ (815) 894-2440.
2021 DOG TAGS
Dog tags for the calendar year 2021 are now available in the Village Clerk’s office. The fee is $5.00 per dog and is in addition to the Bureau County tag. Since the office is currently closed to the public, knock on the door, wear a mask to enter, and purchase your tag. For more information, call the office @ (815) 894-2440.
TAPS ON MAIN STREET
At the 11th hour on the 11th day of each month, Taps is played over our Main Street speakers as a reminder to all citizens of the sacrifices that our servicemen and servicewomen have made for our freedom. Everyone is welcome to gather at the Veteran’s Memorial Monuments in War Memorial Park for the tribute. A video of Taps will also be available on the Village of Ladd’s Facebook page on the 11th of each month.
To control the spread of the COVID-19 virus, the Village of Ladd is taking the following action to protect our citizens, employees & officials:
- The Village Clerk’s office will be closed to the public beginning Tuesday, March 17th until further notice. Utility payments should be made by using our outside drop-box, through the payment portal on our website www.villageofladd.com, by mail, or with a credit card, debit card, or e-check over the phone. If you need to start or stop utility service, purchase a dog tag or a golf cart sticker, please call the office at (815) 894-2440. We understand that many have struggled during this time and will work with our customers to establish a payment plan for those unable to pay their bills in full.