In an effort to control the spread of the COVID-19 virus, the Village of Ladd is taking the following action to protect our citizens, employees & officials:
- The Village Clerk’s office will be closed to the public beginning Tuesday, March 17th until further notice. Utility payments can be made by using our outside drop-box, through the payment portal on our website www.villageofladd.com, by mail or with a credit card, debit card or e-check over the phone. If you need to start or stop utility service, please call the office at (815) 894-2440. Until further notice, we will not access penalties on late utility bills or disconnect utility service. Past due balances will remain on your account. We understand that many are struggling during this time and we will do our best to work with you until things get better.
- Most events listed in the Event Calendar have been canceled. When in doubt, call the contact number listed on the event’s page.
- Kennedy Park and War Memorial Park are closed until further notice.
- A burn ban is in effect until further notice.
- Due to the Shelter-in-Place order, there will be no TAPS on April 11th.
The annual spring cleanup at the Ladd Cemetery will begin on Sunday, March 29th, weather permitting. All grave decorations will be removed and discarded at this time. Anyone wishing to retain these items must pick them up prior to the cleanup date. New grave decorations may be placed after April 5th. No glass, ceramic or clay vases will be allowed. For more information, call Paul Biccochi at (815) 894-3279.
HGTV, LADD NEEDS YOU!
Here is our video submission for the HGTV Home Town Takeover contest created by Matthew Klein Films & Kyle Petersen. Thanks to Ladd Grade School and to all of the citizens who participated in the filming of our entry. *Make sure to turn sound on*
2020 DOG TAGS
Dog tags for the calendar year 2020 are now available in the Village Clerk’s office. The fee is $5.00 per dog and is in addition to the Bureau County tag. For more information, contact the office @ (815) 894-2440.
TAPS ON MAIN STREET
At the 11th hour on the 11th day of each month, Taps is played over our Main Street speakers as a reminder to all citizens of the sacrifices that our servicemen and servicewomen have made for our freedom.
ANNUAL WATER QUALITY REPORT
Please go to http://testinc.com/ladd2018.pdf to view your 2018 annual water quality report and learn more about your drinking water. This report contains important information about the source and quality of your drinking water. For a translation of the water quality report or to speak with someone about the report, please call Joe Glynn @ T.E.S.T. Inc. (815) 224-1650. If you would like a paper copy of the Village of Ladd’s 2018 Annual Water Quality Report mailed to your home, please call the Village Clerk’s Office (815) 894-2440.