NOTICE OF INTENT TO ISSUE A CATEGORICAL EXCLUSION
The Village of Ladd intends to apply to the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency Public Water Supply Loan Program for funding for Main Street Alley Water Main Improvements. The following documents are available for inspection during a public comment period. During this comment period, written comments may be provided to the Village of Ladd or directly to the IEPA contact person identified on page 4 in the Notice of Intent to Issue a Categorical Exclusion.
The Farmers Market will return to Ladd’s War Memorial Park in 2020 beginning on Monday, June 15th. The market will be held each Monday from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm through September if produce is available. There is no fee to participate. For more information or if you are interested in participating, contact Molly at (815) 894-2619 or (815) 541-8116 after 6:00 pm.
YARD WASTE COLLECTION
Any household wishing to utilize the yard waste option must pay a $10.00 sign-up fee to Republic Services each year. This allows residents to place an unlimited amount of yard waste at the curb in biodegradable bags from April through November. Small amounts of twigs and brush must be bundled three feet by three feet. To be included on the yard waste collection route, mail a $10 check to Republic Services, 101 Peggy Lane, Princeton IL 61356. On the memo line of the check, write YW – your address, for example, YW – 121 N Main Ave. Yard waste is collected on the same day as regular trash & recycling.
TAPS ON MAIN STREET
At the 11th hour on the 11th day of each month, Taps is played over our Main Street speakers as a reminder to all citizens of the sacrifices that our servicemen and servicewomen have made for our freedom.
To control the spread of the COVID-19 virus, the Village of Ladd is taking the following action to protect our citizens, employees & officials:
- The Village Clerk’s office will be closed to the public beginning Tuesday, March 17th until further notice. Utility payments should be made by using our outside drop-box, through the payment portal on our website www.villageofladd.com, by mail, or with a credit card, debit card, or e-check over the phone. If you need to start or stop utility service, purchase a dog tag, or a golf cart sticker, please call the office at (815) 894-2440. Until further notice, we will not access penalties on late utility bills or disconnect utility service. Past due balances will remain on your account. We understand that many are struggling during this time and we will do our best to work with you until things get better.
- Most events listed in the Event Calendar have been canceled. When in doubt, call the contact number listed on the event page.
- The April 27th Rip’s Fundraiser for the Parks was canceled. Previously purchased tickets will be honored on the rescheduled date which is yet to be determined.
- The May 16th Electronics Recycling Event for Ladd residents was canceled by Republic Services.
- The June 6th Village Wide Garage Sales annual event has been canceled.
- Ladd Daze and the Convoy Against Cancer BIG Truck Show have been canceled.
- Ladd Youth Baseball has canceled its season.
2020 GOLF CART STICKERS
Golf cart stickers for 2020 are now available in the Village Clerk’s office for the $25.00 fee. Stickers are valid from April 2020 through March 2021. Contact the office @ (815) 894-2440 to purchase a new sticker.
2020 DOG TAGS
Dog tags for the calendar year 2020 are now available in the Village Clerk’s office. The fee is $5.00 per dog and is in addition to the Bureau County tag. For more information, contact the office @ (815) 894-2440.
ANNUAL WATER QUALITY REPORT
Please go to http://testinc.com/Ladd.pdf to view your 2019 annual water quality report and learn more about your drinking water. This report contains important information about the source and quality of your drinking water. For a translation of the water quality report or to speak with someone about the report, please call Joe Glynn @ T.E.S.T. Inc. (815) 224-1650. If you would like a paper copy of the Village of Ladd’s 2019 Annual Water Quality Report mailed to your home, please call the Village Clerk’s Office (815) 894-2440.