RED CROSS BLOOD DRIVE
The Village of Ladd is sponsoring a Red Cross Blood Drive on Friday, August 21, 2020, from 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm at the Ladd Community Center, 303 South Central Avenue. All blood donations will be tested for COVID-19 antibodies. For an appointment, call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or visit redcrossblood.org. Bring a photo ID or your blood donor card, or two other forms of ID. You can save up to 15 minutes when you donate blood by using RapidPass. Visit redcrossblood.org/RapidPass for more information. To thank you for coming to give blood August 1 – September 3, you will receive a $5 Amazon.com Gift Card by email.
Ladd Community Consolidated School District #94 will conduct Pre-K screenings on Wednesday, August 19, 2020. To be screened, children must be Ladd district residents and be at least 3 years old by September 1st. The screenings are by appointment only. The screening determines eligibility for the Ladd preschool program. Screening is required for placement in the program and consists of a series of tests including cognitive, speech, vision, and hearing. Placement will be based on a student’s school readiness after the children have completed the screening process. To register a child for the screening or for more information, call the school @ (815) 894-2363.
TAPS ON MAIN STREET
At the 11th hour on the 11th day of each month, Taps is played over our Main Street speakers as a reminder to all citizens of the sacrifices that our servicemen and servicewomen have made for our freedom.
A Farmers Market is held each Monday from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm in Ladd’s War Memorial Park. The Market is held from mid-June through September except on Labor Day. A variety of items such as fresh produce, jams, local honey, soaps, home-baked goods, Norwex, and craft items may be offered each week and there is no fee for vendors to participate. For more information or if interested in participating, contact Molly at (815) 894-2619 or (815) 541-8116 after 6:00 pm.
PARK FUNDRAISER RESCHEDULED
The Rip’s Fundraiser for the Parks previously scheduled for April 27, 2020, has been rescheduled for Wednesday, September 9th & Thursday, September 10th from 4:00 pm to 8:30 pm for curbside pickup only. Previously purchased tickets for the April 27th event will be honored on both nights. A Bake Sale, 50/50, and Lottery Tree Raffle will be available, weather permitting. Tickets ($9.00) are available at North Central Bank and the Village Hall. For more information, contact the Clerk’s Office @ (815) 894-2440.
Village crews will be spraying for mosquitos at dusk and dawn on an as-needed basis, weather permitting.
YARD WASTE COLLECTION
Any household wishing to utilize the yard waste option must pay a $10.00 sign-up fee to Republic Services each year. This allows residents to place an unlimited amount of yard waste at the curb in biodegradable bags from April through November. Small amounts of twigs and brush must be bundled three feet by three feet. To be included on the yard waste collection route, mail a $10 check to Republic Services, 101 Peggy Lane, Princeton IL 61356. On the memo line of the check, write YW – your address, for example, YW – 121 N Main Ave. Yard waste is collected on the same day as regular trash & recycling.
To control the spread of the COVID-19 virus, the Village of Ladd is taking the following action to protect our citizens, employees & officials:
- The Village Clerk’s office will be closed to the public beginning Tuesday, March 17th until further notice. Utility payments should be made by using our outside drop-box, through the payment portal on our website www.villageofladd.com, by mail, or with a credit card, debit card, or e-check over the phone. If you need to start or stop utility service, purchase a dog tag, or a golf cart sticker, please call the office at (815) 894-2440. We will resume accessing penalties on late utility bills and disconnecting utility service in July. We understand that many have struggled during this time and will work with our customers to establish a payment plan for those unable to pay their bills in full.
- Most events listed in the Event Calendar have been canceled. When in doubt, call the contact number listed on the event page.
- The April 27th Rip’s Fundraiser for the Parks was canceled. Previously purchased tickets will be honored on either of the rescheduled dates of Wednesday, September 9th or Thursday, September 10th.
- The May 16th Electronics Recycling Event for Ladd residents only was canceled by Republic Services. The event has been rescheduled for Saturday, October 10th @ 8am.
- Ladd’s Village Wide Garage Sales event scheduled for June 6th has been canceled.
- Ladd Daze and the Convoy Against Cancer BIG Truck Show have been canceled.
- Ladd Youth Baseball has canceled its season.
- Breast Fest II scheduled for August 8th has been canceled.
2020 GOLF CART STICKERS
Golf cart stickers for 2020 are now available in the Village Clerk’s office for the $25.00 fee. Stickers are valid from April 2020 through March 2021. Contact the office @ (815) 894-2440 to purchase a new sticker.
2020 DOG TAGS
Dog tags for the calendar year 2020 are now available in the Village Clerk’s office. The fee is $5.00 per dog and is in addition to the Bureau County tag. For more information, contact the office @ (815) 894-2440.
ANNUAL WATER QUALITY REPORT
Please go to http://testinc.com/Ladd.pdf to view your 2019 annual water quality report and learn more about your drinking water. This report contains important information about the source and quality of your drinking water. For a translation of the water quality report or to speak with someone about the report, please call Joe Glynn @ T.E.S.T. Inc. (815) 224-1650. If you would like a paper copy of the Village of Ladd’s 2019 Annual Water Quality Report mailed to your home, please call the Village Clerk’s Office (815) 894-2440.